Monday, September 5, 2011

Weekly Construction Report #2

BC_fieldvisit_2


My visit to the ASA job site today showed what mother nature can do to a schedule.  I arrived at the site around 2:15 pm after walking across campus in a downpour.  When I arrived at the site I noticed that there were no workers out on site indoors or out.  I assumed that work for the day had been stopped because of the bad weather.  What I began to think about as I noticed that nobody was on site, was how this would play out in Australia.  We had just learned about how the workers refuse to work unless they are covered from the elements as they walk from their break room to the job site. I wondered would something such as a covered walk way help the work from freezing up on the ASA site.  Do the Australians have it right in asking for a covered walk way albeit some walkways cost upwards of $50,000.  Seeing as Blacksburg weather tends to be stubborn it will be interesting to see how long the job site is down due to the storm that is heading up the east, and what adjustments will have to be made in order to get the project back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment